Author Topic: Cadet Windsheild frame  (Read 5234 times)

Eddie Z

• View Profile
Cadet Windsheild frame
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:25:44 PM »
I am reverse engineering the windshield/cockpit frame. This is the rect. steel tube X shaped frame the doors and windsheild mount to. Does anybody have acces to measure steel tube size and thickness of the tube stock ? I am guessing 3/4 square tube from photos I have .
Also same question on door frame tubing, is it 3/4 inch. ?
Ideally I would like to find a used cockpit frame and doors if anybody has extra parts !
Thanks, ED

Paul Rule

• View Profile
  • N Number: N37814
Re: Cadet Windsheild frame
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
I have what I think are all factory made  "X" frames made out of both round and square tubing.  Their not handy for checking but 3/4" seems right for both.

Bill Poynter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • N Number: N41637
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »
Hi Ed,

My door frames are 5/8" square tubing.  My windshield frames are 3/4" square tubing with a wall thickness of .049".  With no openings on the door frames, I can't measure the wall thickness.  I have no way of knowing the alloy, but I'll bet they're just mild steel.

Bill
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:39:32 AM by Bill Poynter »

Eddie Z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:11:12 PM »
Thanks Bill ! thats exactly what I needed to know. My Culver came with a Lark conversion to Fiberglass windsheild and canopy, I am not that hot on that look and intend on converting back to Cadet form. Its all just a pile of parts anyway right now. I got some nice detailed photos of a rebuild from Poplar Grove, Ill several years back on those parts so I can probably duplicate fairly close. Reading up on square tube bending also.

ED