Author Topic: Culver Cadet-Spitfires  (Read 4722 times)

Moggy1

• View Profile
Culver Cadet-Spitfires
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:27:39 PM »
Hi folks

Thanks for letting me join the group.  I must admit to not knowing much about the Cadet, but from what I've read it seems like a fun ship to fly!

A long time back, I read somewhere that someone had used a Cadet as a basis for building a 3/4 scale Spitfire.  It was nicknamed "Li'l Spit", but that's all I can remember of it.  I never found any photos or any other references for it online.  Does anyone know any more? 

SN215

• View Profile
Re: Culver Cadet-Spitfires
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »
I haven't heard of the "Lil Spit", but I was once reported to my local FBO: "A low flying Spitfire just buzzed my house". This happened one day when I was flying my Cadet (LCA #215) over a very sparsely-populated area near some lakes in Skagit county, WA, back in '87.

Moggy1

• View Profile
Re: Culver Cadet-Spitfires
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 03:34:55 AM »
And was it painted in camouflage with RAF colours??  :D

I was browsing through some of my old homebuilt warbird files a while back, and I found a Spit replica whose wing has certain similarities with the Cadet, namely the ailerons, slots and the undercarriage.  It started making me think this was the one I had read about, but it wasn't based in the US, whereas "Li'l Spit" was.