Author Topic: My Culver project  (Read 6402 times)

Woody

• View Profile
My Culver project
« on: June 09, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
 Boy time passes!  I'm almost finished with the Mooney Mite that I'm doing for the wounded warriors called "Freedom Fund".  I've had a few prods about not working on the Culver project! 
Time now for me to focus on another project which is either the Sonerai 2 which is about 90% done or do I start back on the Culver?  They are BOTH pulling on me! As I'm getting older, I don't want to work like I used to so I have a top notch A&P/IA to take the lead. 
The Culver has most of the wood work done except the lower cowling and a few small repairs. I have a 0 time 90HP Franklin engine and mount for it.
  The Sonerai could be finished and sold to promote faster finishing of the Culver, or I could work on the Culver and let the Sonerai sit.  I must make a decision soon.
Things seem quiet on here so it's time to kick things in gear and start something even if it's wrong. 
  I'm glad to be back to see what's happening.  Woody

Culver Dreamer

• View Profile
Re: My Culver project
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 02:11:59 AM »
Woody you already have heard from me but here is my input. Most airplanes at the 90% finished point still have 80% to go so my vote is get on with the Culver Cadet! There are plenty of Sonerai aircraft around. We need more airworthy Cadets.
Mark

Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »
Thanks Mark!  I'm really leaning that way.  The Culver would be the only two place I have.
 I will approach this next week.  Thanks   W

Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 06:11:21 PM »
 Now it's settled.  I'm going to get the Culver by the end of June to bring it in house again and start that slow pace of working on finishing this bird!

Culver Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:46:10 AM »
Woody
You have made my day! Once you get set up and restarted in the build please make sure to send
Some progress pictures or at least update your web site with new pictures.
I'm looking forward to seeing the progression.
Mark

Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 09:12:02 PM »
 Thank you Mark.  Now, if you can find that girl in Dubai to come help ~~~~(ha)
 We are already ordering the wood to finish the cowl.  The wings are ready to cover and the engine is ready to mount.  Maybe we can start a Culver air force ~~~      W