Author Topic: Sky Ranch Engineering Manual  (Read 6401 times)

Bill Poynter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • N Number: N41637
Sky Ranch Engineering Manual
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
I've found a lot of answers to aircraft maintenance-related questions by Googling key words related to my concern.  I also noticed that a really high percentage of answers to my questions have come from the Sacramento Sky Ranch website.  I recently discovered that they also publish a book called "Sky Ranch Engineering Manual" written by John Schwaner.  I ordered it and it arrived a couple of days ago.  I have to say that this is a terrific book that really covers the fine points of aircraft engines.  Whether you're working on engines/installations or just operating your aircraft,  you'll certainly find this book valuable. For $21.95 it's a bargain.  Here's a link to the book on their website:

http://www.sacskyranch.com/pubsem.htm
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:11:39 AM by Bill Poynter »

Eddie Z

• View Profile
Re: Sky Ranch Engineering Manual
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
Yup I got that book about ten years back when I was working on various types of engines; Cont, Lycoming, etc. I think I bought it at Oshkosh because it looked good. Hard to find good technical books like that without going to a specific overhaul manual.  Recently I bought another book on Avionics that is good, have to look the name up though.
ED